Argentine Bishop Bargallo quits over ‘amorous ties’ row

first_img Share 86 Views   one comment FaithInternationalLifestylePrint Argentine Bishop Bargallo quits over ‘amorous ties’ row by: – June 27, 2012 Tweet Sharing is caring!center_img Share Share Monsignor Bargallo had been leading the diocese of Merlo-Moreno since 1997The Pope has accepted the resignation of an Argentine bishop after the publication of pictures showing him embracing a woman on a Mexican beach. Bishop Fernando Bargallo, 57, was photographed in the sea, hugging a woman in a bikini. He initially said she was a childhood friend, but later admitted to having had “amorous ties” with her. Bishop Bargallo was in charge of the diocese of Merlo-Moreno, in the province of Buenos Aires.The scandal broke last week, when an Argentine television station broadcast pictures of Monsignor Bargallo on holiday at a beach resort in Mexico in the company of a woman.‘Childhood friend’In one of the pictures, he is seen half-submerged in the water, embracing a woman in a bikini. Shortly after the pictures were published, Monsignor Bargallo gave a public statement saying that the woman was a childhood friend, whom he had known all of his life.He said the situation in which he had been photographed was “imprudent, as it could lead people to jump to the wrong conclusion”.He asked his flock to forgive him for “the ambiguity of the pictures” and urged them to view the photos “in the context of a long friendship”.But later that same week, Monsignor Bargallo convened the priests of his diocese and told them he had had “amorous ties” with the woman and would resign.The Vatican said he would be replaced by Monsignor Alcides Jorge Pedro Casaretto. BBC Newslast_img read more

LIAT appoints internal auditor

first_img Share Share 155 Views   no discussions Tweet Sharing is caring!center_img BusinessLifestyleTravel LIAT appoints internal auditor by: – January 27, 2015 Share ST. JOHN’S, Antigua, January 27, 2015 – Chief Executive Officer of LIAT – The Caribbean Airline – Mr. David Evans today announced the appointment of Mr. Chad Hyson as Internal Auditor.Internal Audit is an interactive process that involves reviews and discussions with persons at various levels of the organisation, including those involved with day to day operations.Mr. Evans said: “Mr. Hyson is responsible for evaluating LIAT’s current processes and providing recommendations based on best practices. His primary goal is to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our overall operations, accuracy of financial reporting, and compliance with various regulatory requirements. “Mr. Hyson joined the company on December 1, 2014 and comes to us with more than 13 years of Internal Audit experience across a number of different industries throughout the US and the Caribbean.”As the company Head of Internal Audit, Mr. Hyson reports directly to the CEO and to the Audit Committee, a sub-committee of the Board of Directors.last_img read more

St Kitts Life Expectancy on the Rise

first_img Tweet Share (SKN Observer) Minister of State with responsibility for Health, Senator the Honourable Wendy Phipps, said that life expectancy within the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis has gone up.She was making her presentation in the National Assembly on Tuesday, Dec. 17.Senator Phipps said that in 2012, life expectancy for males would have been 68.8 years, but had increased to an average of 74 years. For females in 2012, it was 74 years, but has now increased to an average of 78 years, making the average life expectancy today across genders 76 years.“St. Kitts and Nevis over the last 40, 50 years or more would have had massive improvements in conditions of living and the socio-economic general situation,” she said, a stark contrast to that of the 1950s, where “the life expectancy in this country was pegged at 50 years of age.” Share Sharecenter_img LifestyleNewsRegional St Kitts Life Expectancy on the Rise by: – December 27, 2019 84 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring!last_img read more

Leading cause of deaths in Dominica resulted from CNCD’s

first_img Share Share LocalNews Leading cause of deaths in Dominica resulted from CNCD’s by: – September 12, 2011 Tweet 196 Views   no discussionscenter_img Share Sharing is caring! National Epidemiologist Dr. Paul Ricketts speaking at the National Summit last week.National Epidemiologist Dr. Paul Ricketts has indicated that the leading causes of death in Dominica during the period 2005 to 2009 resulted from Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases.Speaking at a national summit recently held in Dominica, Dr. Ricketts explained that the statistics identifies stroke, diabetes and cancer as the main causes of death.“The leading causes of deaths between 2005 to 2009 were stroke, diabetes, heart disease; heart attacks more specifically, prostate cancer, hypertensive diseases, respiratory infection, pulmonary disease, lower respiratory disease, heart failure and cancer of the digestive organs. So you can see most of the causes of death in our population are related to the CNCD’s; stoke or cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer,” he said.The Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases Behavioral Risk Factor or STEPS Survey was conducted as part of a situational analysis of CNCD’s and revealed that fifty-two percent of deaths in Dominica resulted from CNCD’s.“Fifty-two percent of deaths in Dominica resulted from CNCD’s; most of these diseases can be attributed to common preventable risk factors including tobacco use, unhealthy diet, physical inactivity and the harmful use of alcohol.”Dr. Ricketts admonished that we need to pay closer attention to health as the ‘health of a nation is the wealth of a nation.’“If we do not pay attention to the issue of health there will be no wealth because in the first instance our people in the working age will not be able to produce and even if you produce you have to use those resources to treat the illness that you have. So we need to focus on wellness, retaining our health as a strategy going forward.”The survey also revealed that Cardiovascular Diseases (stroke, coronary (ischemic), heart disease and hypertension) resulted in 333 deaths, Diabetes mellitus resulted in 228 deaths, Ischemic heart disease in 206 deaths, Malignant neoplasm of prostate in 176 deaths, hypertensive diseases in 165 deaths, Acute respiratory infection in 137 deaths, Pulmonary heart disease, diseases of pulmonary circulation and other forms of heart disease in 120 deaths, chronic lower respiratory diseases in 96 deaths, heart failure in 84 deaths and malignant neoplasm of digestive organs and peritoneum, except stomach and colon in 66 deaths.Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit addressing the National Summit last week.In related news, Prime Minister Honourable Roosevelt Skerrit who also addressed the national summit last week says although the ‘Red Clinic’ has saved the lives of many Dominicans suffering with CNCD’s, there is need for a sustainable approach towards treatment of the diseases.“I have seen with the help of God of course the so called ‘Red Clinic’ having saved the lives of many Dominicans but there has to be a sustainable approach towards treating those who are affected with CNCD’s. Too many of our people have to go to Barbados to get post-surgery treatment and if they cannot find the resources, they stay home and die,” he said.According to the Prime Minister, the decision by his government to offer free access to medical care for citizens above age sixty was based on the fact that too many people are dying of these diseases as they cannot afford the treatment.“Some people have criticized the government for introducing the free access to medical care for those who are 60 years and older but that was one of the motivations of the government; to introduce free medical care because in my walking around in Dominica there were many people who were afraid to go to the hospital because they were owing a few dollars and they were afraid to that somebody would say to them we cannot admit you because you are owing us and you have not paid us.”The Prime Minister further warned that if the epidemic of CNCD’s are not treated seriously and urgently, it will cause a more devastating effect on the economy than Hurricane David or the decline of the Banana Industry.“I am saying to Dominicans that if we do not treat this matter seriously; and I believe that we are attempting to do it, but I do not get the sense that the Dominican population is sufficiently seized with the seriousness of the matter and the implications for the future of Dominica. This is going to be; if we do not treat it properly, worst than Hurricane David and it is going to be worse than the negative impact of the demise of the Banana Industry on our economy.”Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more

Raul Castro to visit Trinidad for CARICOM-Cuba summit

first_img Share 25 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Share Sharecenter_img NewsRegional Raul Castro to visit Trinidad for CARICOM-Cuba summit by: – December 7, 2011 Tweet Raul Castro. Photo credit: topnews.inPORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad — Raul Castro, president of Cuba, will pay a state visit to Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday to coincide with Castro’s participation at the IV CARICOM-Cuba summit to be held in Port of Spain from 7 to 8 December 2011. Some activities planned for the state visit include a courtesy call on Professor George Maxwell Richards, president of Trinidad and Tobago; laying of a wreath at the Cenotaph; and a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar. Richards will also host a state dinner.Castro will depart Trinidad and Tobago on Friday.Caribbean News Nowlast_img read more

Ex-Man City star involved in car crash on New Year’s Day

first_img Loading… According to Corriere della Sera, Balotelli’s friend clipped the kerb and his Fiat 500 then hit the gates of the bakery in Brescia at around 5am. They had reportedly been celebrating New Year at a party in town and crashed close to the former Man City striker’s house. Both men escaped unhurt but the Fiat 500 suffered severe damage to the front axle. Balotelli, 29, returned to hometown club Brescia this summer and signed a multi-year deal.Advertisement And it looks like mischief has followed him to northern Italy after his latest incident. During his tumultuous spell at Manchester City, he let of fireworks at his home in Cheshire in 2011 and emergency services needed to be called. He scored in a 6-1 Manchester derby win the following day and unveiled a shirt that read “why always me?”. Mario Balotelli rejoined his boyhood club Brescia this summer Read Also:Shearer gives promising Abraham verdict despite difficult Chelsea role Balotelli also had a bust-up with then manager Roberto Mancini and later fell out with Jose Mourinho when at Inter Milan. The Premier League will never forget Balotelli’s lively stay, and he seems to be entertaining those back in his native Italy as well. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Ex-Man City star Mario Balotelli began the New Year in true ‘Mario Balotelli’ style after being involved in a car crash. The enigmatic Italian forward was reportedly in the car when his friend who was driving lost control and smashed into a bakery. Promoted ContentTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever Made20 Completely Unexpected Facts About ‘The Big Bang Theory’Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your PhonePortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Irresistibly Cute Albino Animals That Will Make You Daylast_img read more

Moldova anthem gaffe mars ATP Cup in Australia

Read Also: Djokovic drums support for ATP Cup, Davis Cup to merge He is joined by Cozbinov, ranked 818, Egor Matvievici and Dmitrii Baskov in a group that also features Britain, Belgium and Bulgaria. The ATP Cup has 24 nations split into six groups across the three cities, with eight teams emerging from the round-robin to compete in a knockout phase in Sydney until one country is left standing. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits Earth9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooTarantino Wants To End His Career With This Movie?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsHe Didn’t Agree With His Character Becoming Gay And Quit A RoleThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone20 Completely Unexpected Facts About ‘The Big Bang Theory’40 Child Stars Who Look Incredibly Gorgeous As Adults7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value His opponent Darcis said he was not aware of the mistake at the time. “I didn’t know, I was just surprised that they were not so much into it,” he said. “I believe it’s bad.” Moldova, bordered by Romania and Ukraine, was one of the last countries to qualify for the inaugural team event being played in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. They are spearheaded by world number 46 Radu Albot, who broke new ground in 2019 by becoming his country’s first ATP Tour title winner at Delray Beach. Loading… ATP Cup organisers were left red-faced on Friday by playing the wrong national anthem for a player from Moldova, a small landlocked country in eastern Europe. The embarrassing gaffe occurred ahead of the opening singles tie in Sydney of the heavily-promoted new team event as Moldova’s Alexander Cozbinov faced Belgium’s Steve Darcis. The embarrassing gaffe at the heavily-promoted new team event in Sydney came as Moldova’s Alexander Cozbinov (pictured) faced off against Belgium’s Steve Darcis Tournament officials told AFP the Romanian anthem was played instead. “At the start of the Moldova v Belgium match we mistakenly played the wrong national anthem for Moldova,” the ATP admitted. “We are sincerely sorry and have apologised personally to Team Moldova.” Cozbinov, who lost in three tough sets, played down the mishap “I think putting on the wrong anthem for us is not a big deal. But it wasn’t that hard to pick the right anthem,” he told AFP. “Moldova and Romania have the same flag so probably that’s why they made a mistake. Hopefully next time it’s going to be the right one.” read more

Boateng makes Besiktas his twelfth Pro club after loan deal from Fiorentina

first_imgRead Also: Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti snubbed Arsenal switchLast season Boateng began the campaign at Sassuolo before joining Barcelona on loan in January and playing four times as they won La Liga.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Kevin-Prince Boateng has completed a loan deal from Fiorentina to Besiktas, making the Turkish side the 12th club of his career.Advertisement Loading…center_img The Ghanaian only joined Fiorentina in the summer but after 15 appearances and one goal is on the move again.last_img

Cristiano Ronaldo breaks Juventus goal record

first_img The Portuguese striker has become the first player to score 10 consecutive goals for the Bianconeri side. Loading… He achieved this feat during his Serie A match with Hellas Verona, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner overtook former Juventus player David Trezeguet, who scored nine consecutive goals record which was achieved in 2005.Ronaldo is closing in on the all-time Serie A record of scoring in 11 consecutive games held by Gabriel Batistuta and Fabio Quagliarella. Previously, he added another record to his name after scoring 50 goals, donning the Juventus jersey. He achieved this feat after netting twice in the match against Fiorentina.Juventus lost the match (2-1) against Hellas Verona despite an early goal by Ronaldo, this loss has opened a title race in the league.Sarri was furious with the loss, he said: “We have to understand that winning is not a foregone conclusion,”.“We need to get it into our heads that we can’t have lapses in concentration as happened this evening,” blasted Sarri.“We dropped points through carelessness,” Sarri added. Cristiano Ronaldo, who turned 35 last week has proven that age is just a number after breaking Juventus record.Advertisement Read Also: How Inter Milan lost out in last-minute bid for IghaloRonaldo, right now has 23 goals this season in all competitions out of which 20 of them are in Serie A.Ronaldo,’s 2020 began with a bang after he scored a hat-trick along with an assist against Cagliari.The Portuguese legend has been the highest goal scorer for his national team, and his previous club Real Madrid. He scored 450 times in 438 matches for the La Liga table-toppers.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayHere Are The 10 Most Famous Female Racers Of All Time8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets8 Things You Didn’t Know About CoffeeEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest PocketWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Mesmerizing Facts About Hypnosis2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Yearlast_img read more

3 sisters jailed for ‘mauling’ woman

first_imgILOILO City –For allegedly mauling a woman in Barangay Rizal Pala-Pala, three women landedin jail. The suspectswere detained in the lockup facility of Police Station 1, facing charges./PN According tothe police, the suspects mauled Ma. Socorro Barrato around 7:50 p.m. on Sept.27. Barrato wasasking Amy Navales, mother of the suspects, to pay her debt when a heatedargument ensued between them, the police added. This prompted the sisters tomaul Barrato, who sustained bruises on the body. Policeidentified them as sisters Jerimie Pedrigosa, Jaica and Anna Rose Navales.  last_img