Latest: Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 1 – Blues lead but visitors begin to threaten

first_imgGoals from Fernando Torres and Ramires left Chelsea edging towards a win that would take them to within two points of Premier League leaders Arsenal.The Blues, who face Arsenal a week on Monday, went ahead when Torres tucked away the rebound after Willian’s low shot had been tipped onto the post by Crystal Palace keeper Julian Speroni.And Branislav Ivanovic missed a great chance to double the lead when he fired wide after being put through by Juan Mata’s delightful back-heel.Chelsea seemed to be in control but switched off at the back and Marouane Chamakh equalised just before the half-hour mark, steering home from nine yards out after being found by Joel Ward’s ball in from the left.But Ramires struck five minutes later, collecting Eden Hazard’s pass and sending a 25-yard shot beyond the motionless Speroni into the corner of the net.Mata, back in the starting line-up along with Michael Essien, scuffed a shot wide following good work on the left by Willian early in the second half.At the other end, Cameron Jerome’s effort went wide before Petr Cech was twice called into action.Jason Puncheon’s drive forced a good save from the Chelsea keeper, who was also able to gather Damien Delaney’s close-range header.Chelsea (4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Azpilicueta; Essien, Ramires; Willian, Mata, Hazard, Torres.Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Lampard, Oscar, Schurrle, Ba, Eto’o.YTo4OntzOjk6IndpZGdldF9pZCI7czoyMDoid3lzaWphLW5sLTEzNTI0NjE4NjkiO3M6NToibGlzdHMiO2E6MTp7aTowO3M6MToiMyI7fXM6MTA6Imxpc3RzX25hbWUiO2E6MTp7aTozO3M6MjI6Ildlc3QgTG9uZG9uIFNwb3J0IGxpc3QiO31zOjEyOiJhdXRvcmVnaXN0ZXIiO3M6MTc6Im5vdF9hdXRvX3JlZ2lzdGVyIjtzOjEyOiJsYWJlbHN3aXRoaW4iO3M6MTM6ImxhYmVsc193aXRoaW4iO3M6Njoic3VibWl0IjtzOjMzOiJTdWJzY3JpYmUgdG8gb3VyIGRhaWx5IG5ld3NsZXR0ZXIiO3M6Nzoic3VjY2VzcyI7czoyODM6IlRoYW5rIHlvdSEgUGxlYXNlIGNoZWNrIHlvdXIgaW5ib3ggaW4gb3JkZXIgdG8gY29uZmlybSB5b3VyIHN1YnNjcmlwdGlvbi4gSWYgeW91IGRvbid0IHNlZSBhbiBlLW1haWwgZnJvbSB1cywgY2hlY2sgeW91ciBzcGFtIGZvbGRlci4gSWYgeW91IHN0aWxsIGhhdmVuJ3QgcmVjZWl2ZWQgYSBjb25maXJtYXRpb24gbWVzc2FnZSwgcGxlYXNlIGUtbWFpbCBmZWVkYmFja0B3ZXN0bG9uZG9uc3BvcnQuY29tIGFuZCB0ZWxsIHVzIHlvdSB3aXNoIHRvIHN1YnNjcmliZSB0byBvdXIgbmV3c2xldHRlci4iO3M6MTI6ImN1c3RvbWZpZWxkcyI7YToxOntzOjU6ImVtYWlsIjthOjE6e3M6NToibGFiZWwiO3M6NToiRW1haWwiO319fQ== Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

President Bush Votes Yes on ID

first_imgAsked whether ID was a valid alternative to evolution, President Bush told reporters August 1, “Both sides ought to be properly taught … so people can understand what the debate is about…. Part of education is to expose people to different schools of thought.  You’re asking me whether or not people ought to be exposed to different ideas, and the answer is yes.”  According to Answers in Genesis, Bush’s science advisor John Marburger tried to soften this statement by claiming that evolution is the cornerstone of biology.  Regardless, the Discovery Institute commended the president for his stance.  See Fox News for the context of the remarks.  Science magazine took note, quoting the director of the Biodiversity Research Center at the University of Kansas, who said that if Bush wanted to promote ID as an alternative to evolution, “that would be a terrible mistake.”  On the other side, David Limbaugh, in an editorial on TownHall.com, thought the anti-ID folks were making the mistake.  The remarks caused enough notice to make the cover of Time Magazine.Update 08/04/2005: On Breakpoint August 4, Chuck Colson also praised President Bush for his position, then added some interesting new information about the former atheist Antony Flew (see 12/09/2004 story).  Colson met Flew in Oxford last week and verified that ID had shaken Flew’s evolutionary beliefs.  Then, Colson posed a follow-up question that made Flew admit it was a provocative point worthy of thought: “He [Flew] could prove theism was the only philosophically sustainable position, but he could not prove who God was.  I said, ‘If you could prove who God was, you could not love God—which is the principle object of life.”  Whether further reflection on that question will move Flew from atheist to deist to Biblical theist is a story in progress.Predictably, the usual heathen (NCSE, ACLU, AUSCS, etc.) beat their voodoo drums over the president’s remarks.  Who will heed the call, and send missionaries to these tribes, lost in darkness and ignorance?  We want to hear Antony Flew respond, “Here am I: send me.”(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0last_img read more

Europe’s 17 Golden Rules for Keeping Safe on Social Networks

first_imgAre you using your real name on your social network profiles? According to the European Union’s Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA), that’s a big mistake. A new report, published to coincide with Europe’s Safer Internet Day, details the dangers of using social networks and lays out 17 “golden rules” for keeping safe on social networks. The report’s authors are especially worried about the proliferation of mobile social networks and, among other things, recommend that users turn off all location-based services whenever they are not absolutely needed.The report argues that you should always protect your social networking accounts by using a pseudonym. After all, the authors say, your real friends will know who is hiding behind your nickname and will still be able to find you easily. We are not quite sure if this is a very realistic proposition, though some of the ENISA’s “Golden Rules” are quite reasonable.17 Golden RulesHere are the rules:Pay Attention to What You Post and Upload:Consider carefully which images, videos and information you choose to publishNever post sensitive informationUse a pseudonymChoose Your Friends with Care:Do not accept friend requests from people you do not knowVerify all your contactsProtect Your Work Environment and Avoid Reputation Risk:When joining a social networking site use your personal e-mail address (not your company e-maill address)Be careful how you portray your company or organization onlineDo not mix your business contacts with your friend contactsDo not let anyone see your profile or personal information without your consentDo not leave your mobile phone unattendedDo not save your password on your mobile phoneUse the security features available on your mobile phoneProtect Your Mobile Phone and the Information Saved on It:Be careful what you publish about someone elseInform Yourself:Read carefully and in full the privacy policy and the condition and terms of use of the social network you chooseProtect Your Privacy With the Privacy Settings:Use privacy-oriented settings (check who can see your pictures, who can contact you and who can add comments)Report Stolen Phones Immediately:Be careful when using your mobile phone and pay attention to where you put itPay Attention to Location Based Services and Information of Your Mobile Phone:Deactivate location based services when not using themWhat do You Think?Most of these rules seem quite reasonable, but are you really going to use a nickname for your social network profile? Do you find it hard to keep your private life and work life separate on Facebook? Let us know what you think in the comments. Tags:#security#social networks#web Guide to Performing Bulk Email Verification Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro… frederic lardinoiscenter_img A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Audit Related Posts The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videoslast_img read more

BJP State executive to meet in Pimpri

first_imgPune: The Bharatiya Janata Party will hold a two-day meet of the State executive at Pimpri on Wednesday. This will be the party’s second executive in Pimpri after more than three decades, the first being in the early 1980s.“The venue has been chosen as a symbolic marker of our triumph over the NCP, which had dominated the PCMC [Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation] for so long,” a BJP leader said. The saffron party won unprecedented landslides in polls to both Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad civic bodies, bagging 98 out of 162 seats in the Pune Municipal Corporation and 77 out of 128 seats in the PCMC.The BJP’s top brass from Maharashtra, including Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and the party’s State unit chief Raosaheb Danve are expected to be in attendance, along with Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and Suresh Prabhu.The sessions will focus on policy-making in Maharashtra and the party’s plans after securing overwhelming victories in most of the civic bodies and local bodies across the State.There are speculations that Congress strongman Narayan Rane might formally enter the BJP’s fold during the meet. However, local party leaders refused to comment on the matter.BJP’s Pimpri-Chinchwad president Laxman Jagtap said the meet will be held at the Ramkrishna More auditorium, and will be attended by more than 500 party leaders.The party virtually had no presence in PCMC, be it the civic or Assembly level, until the 2014 Parliamentary polls.However, its fortunes changed when Mr. Jagtap, who was formerly the NCP’s vital point man in the area, joined the BJP in 2014. This paved the way for the entry of more NCP heavyweights, like Bhosari legislator Mahesh Landge and former PCMC mayor Azam Pansare, into the saffron party.Stormy protests are expected by the Opposition NCP and the Shiv Sena, the BJP’s disgruntled ally, during the meet.The Sena’s Maruti Bhapkar (a former Aam Aadmi Party leader) said a combined Opposition would stage a hunger strike to protest against the failure of the promises made the BJP-led Central and State governments on various issues.last_img read more

Militant attacks continue in Valley amid shutdown

first_imgJammu cops to donate a day’s salary to martyrs’ kin Tension prevailed in Kashmir Valley for the second consecutive day on Sunday as restrictions continued in parts of Srinagar.Meanwhile, militants opened fire at security forces in three places. In Bijbehara, militants fired at army’s road opening party. “Militants fled immediately after opening a few shots,” said a police spokesman. Militants also opened fire on the Army and CRPF camps in Bijbehara and Budgam on Saturday night.Meanwhile in south Kashmir, where two civilians and three militants died in Friday’s gunfight, a spontaneous shutdown impacted life. There were also sporadic incidents of stone-pelting.Locals alleged security forces barged into their residences following an incident of stone pelting in Astan Pora in Anantnag and “thrashed inmates”.Meanwhile, train services resumed services after halting it for two days. The service on Budgam-Srinagar-Anantnag- Qazigund- Banihal track has been resumed, said an official. Most separatist leaders were also placed under house arrest.A 26-year-old youth, who was injured after unknown gunmen opened fire at him at Pingleena area of Pulwama in south Kashmir on Saturday evening, succumbed to injuries in Srinagar hospital on Saturday night.The victim has been identified as Aijaz Ahmad Malik. He had received two bullets in the abdomen.Also Read  ‘No threat to pilgrims’Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Geelani said on Sunday that there was no terror threat to the Amarnath Yatra pilgrims.“The people of Kashmir have always been friendly and generous to visitors, especially the Amarnath pilgrims. They have treated the Amarnath pilgrims with unique hospitality,” he said.“An adverse propaganda is being launched by the media suggesting that the pilgrims are facing a threat from the people of the State. Terror threat to the Amarnath Yatra is a brazen lie, aimed at maligning the people’s movement,” he said. He said the people of Kashmir “are not against any religion.” “Fanatical forces in India are desperate to give a bad name to the freedom movement and are relying on negative propaganda…”last_img read more

Nuggets’ Juancho Hernangomez undergoes core muscle surgery

first_imgLATEST STORIES Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess View comments ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP Cavs guard Collin Sexton believes NBA hopeful Kai Sotto is going to be a lot better Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue MOST READ Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Hernangomez averaged 5.8 points and 3.8 rebounds during the 2018-19 regular season. He played sparingly in the postseason before the Nuggets were eliminated in Game 7 of the second round by Portland.The 23-year-old Hernangomez said after the season that he was hoping to possibly suit up for Spain at the FIBA World Cup in China later this summer.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsHernangomez was drafted by Denver with the 15th overall pick in 2016. Denver Nuggets forward Juan Hernangomez, left, hugs Portland Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum after Game 7 of an NBA basketball second-round playoff series Sunday, May 12, 2019, in Denver. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)ENGLEWOOD, Colorado— The Denver Nuggets say forward Juancho Hernangomez underwent surgery to fix a core muscle injury.The procedure was performed Thursday by Dr. William Meyers at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia. There was no timetable given for Hernangomez’s return.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more