CBI summons Lalu and Tejashwi again

first_imgThe Central Bureau of Investigation has issued fresh summons to Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad and his son Tejashwi Yadav in a case of corruption in the award of maintenance contracts of two Railway hotels to a Patna-based private company.The agency has asked Mr. Prasad to appear before the investigating team on Monday and his son the next day. The agency has registered a case against Mr. Prasad, his wife, Rabri Devi, and son under Sections 420 (cheating) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code, read with provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act. The Enforcement Directorate has summoned Ms. Devi for Tuesday for recording her statement under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act. It is alleged that during Mr. Prasad’s tenure as Railway Minister, contract conditions were changed to favour Sujata Hotels in awarding the maintenance contracts of Railway hotels in Ranchi and Puri, in lieu of about three acres of commercial property in Patna.last_img read more

Lakers end Anthony Davis talks over ‘outrageous’ demands

first_imgRich Paul, Davis’s agent and James’s agent, revealed the Davis trade demand a week ago, leading to a $50,000 fine for Davis from the NBA but forcing the Pelicans’ hand, lest he play out his contract next year and leave without any compensation.ESPN reported Monday that Davis has given the Pelicans a list with a “handful” of clubs where he would sign a long-term deal after a trade, saying it includes Milwaukee and does not include Boston.The Lakers, Milwaukee, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers are on the list, according to the Los Angeles Times.Bringing Davis to the Lakers to play alongside James would give the team another major two-man combination in their history of success with such duos as Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson and Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next READ: Lakers boost Anthony Davis offer as Pelicans get wishlistDavis, who announced his desire to leave New Orleans earlier this month, is reportedly keen to join the Lakers and form a partnership with LeBron James.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesHowever, the Times, citing a person with knowledge of the negotiations, reported Tuesday that the Lakers had now ended discussions after growing increasingly frustrated with the Pelicans.The report said that Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson informed Pelicans general manager Dell Demps that the organization had made its best and final offer and would not add anything else. FILE – Josh Hart #3 of the Los Angeles Lakers celebrates with Brandon Ingram #14 during a 130-111 loss to the Golden State Warriors at Staples Center on January 21, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. Harry How/Getty Images/AFPThe Los Angeles Lakers have withdrawn from negotiations with the New Orleans Pelicans over Anthony Davis after complaining of “outrageous” trade requests, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.The Times said the Lakers had “pulled out” of talks with the Pelicans aimed at acquiring Davis after offering multiple players and draft picks for the All-Star.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte View comments NBA: Kawhi, George seek more for Clippers than beating Lakers PLAY LIST 01:48NBA: Kawhi, George seek more for Clippers than beating Lakers00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug warcenter_img Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town MOST READ Looking for answers ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes READ: NBA fines Anthony Davis $50000 for making public trade demandThat offer is reported to have included Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope as well as two first round draft picks.However the Pelicans had requested between six and eight draft picks.“They wanted more and more and more,” the Times quoted one source familiar with the negotiations as saying. “There was no more to give… the more they wanted the more it because outrageous and unrealistic.”Davis, a 25-year-old forward who helped the United States capture 2012 London Olympic gold is the most prized player up for grabs as Thursday’s NBA trade deadline approaches.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants LATEST STORIESlast_img read more