Turkey has ordered Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Periscope, YouTube and TikTok to pay TRY 10 million (roughly Rs. 9 crores) fines for failing to comply, Deputy Transport and Infrastructure Minister Omer Fatih Sayan tweeted.If the networks fail to open local offices by the start of December, they will be fined an additional 30 million lira.Failure to comply by early January would result in an advertising ban.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is one of the most popular leaders on social media with nearly 17 million followers and a very active presence.But under his government, Turks have faced increasing prosecution over their social media posts, especially those accused of insulting the president. Erdogan does not hide his disdain for social media, which he threatened to “wipe out” in 2014.The new law was adopted after Erdogan’s anger over online insults of Finance Minister Berat Albayrak and his wife Esra, the president’s daughter, following their fourth child’s birth in June.Turks are accustomed to limited access to websites and content, with Turkish courts submitting hundreds of content removal requests to Twitter over the past few years.Are iPhone 12 mini, HomePod mini the Perfect Apple Devices for India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. Should the social media companies still ignore Turkish law three months after the advertising ban, they will see bandwidth reductions of 50 percent and then by as much as 90 percent in the fifth and final stage.Digital rights expert Yaman Akdeniz said any bandwidth reduction would start in April and reach 90 percent by May, making the platforms effectively inaccessible.Akdeniz tweeted on Tuesday that only the private Russian social media firm VK had appointed a Turkish representative to date.- Advertisement – Turkey on Wednesday fined Facebook, Twitter and three other social media companies for failing to appoint a country representative under a controversial law which came into force last month.The legislation, passed in July, requires platforms with more than one million users to appoint representatives in Turkey that could implement court orders to remove contentious content or face heavy fines.- Advertisement –
Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino apportioned no blame to Boruc and put the opening goal down to bad luck. “As a manager that is the first time I’ve had to experience a moment as unlucky as that,” he said. “I don’t blame him (Boruc) at all. I think it had more to do with the weather conditions, it was something completely unexpected, but we are aware these things can happen in football. “He didn’t apologise for anything because he didn’t have to. “The wind was changing gusts completely all the time and it is a ground which is open on three sides which makes it even more windy. “It was a really tough game in terms of the weather conditions.” Stoke manager Mark Hughes was more than grateful to accept the gift of goalkeeper Asmir Begovic’s goal after just 13 seconds but admitted conditions spoiled the game overall. The Bosnia international scored after his wind-assisted hoof downfield took a huge bounce over opposite number Artur Boruc to give the Potters the perfect start only for Jay Rodriguez to equalise just before half-time. “It was a fortunate goal, quite bizarre really, and we were grateful for it,” said Hughes, who celebrated his 50th birthday on Friday. Press Association “I think he just wanted to get his foot through it. You could tell as soon as the two centre-halves made the decision to let it bounce the goalkeeper was going to be in trouble because it took a hop, skip and a jump and he was never going to get anywhere near it. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalkeeper do that, which was great for us. “Obviously the idea in the first half was to take advantage of the conditions but unfortunately conditions spoiled the game. “We wanted to get on the scoresheet first because it is common knowledge if you score first in the Premier League statistically you have a better opportunity of winning games. “We weren’t expecting our goalkeeper to do it for us but give him credit it was a great strike and he is very pleased with it. He is looking to score a few more he tells me. “We turned them around to try to take advantage of the conditions but in hindsight the wind was more difficult to play with than against. “I thought Southampton were the better side in the first half and I thought we edged it in the second half against the wind in terms of chances. “The wind wasn’t great for both sides in the end and I felt the game was a draw and both teams will be comfortable with that.”
Incidentally, Nwakali and Osimhen had both been invited to the under-23 team by then coach, Samson Yebowei Siasia in 2015, during the early days of the squad that went on to win bronze at Rio 2016.However, the lad with one Super Eagles’ cap and a wonder goal to his name, both of which came in his debut against Atletico Madrid in an international exhibition match played in Port Harcourt, wants another chance to prove his mettle with the acclaimed ‘Dream Team 7.’Nwakali added: “If I’m called up for the under-23, I will come because all of us that played through the under-17 and under-20 are still within the age bracket.“I believe it’s very necessary for me to keep playing and developing myself. So, if I’m invited for the qualifiers, I will surely honour the call.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram FC Porto second team midfielder, Kelechi Nwakali has explained that his desire for an invitation to Nigeria’s under-23 squad is simply because he is still within the age-limit.The Chile 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup-winning Golden Eaglets captain said he and several other players in that historic squad, like Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze are still within the under-23 age-grade cadre.An online publication reported that Nwakali is now looking forward to being part of Nigeria’s next under-23 side, as he declared that he would willingly and gladly honour an invitation to the upcoming Dream Team.
TEMPE, Ariz. — The Angels signed veteran outfielder Chris Young to a one-year, $2 million deal on Sunday, likely filling their fourth outfielder spot.The club also agreed with former home run champ Chris Carter on a minor-league deal, getting depth to replace traded C.J. Cron.Young, 34, spent last season with the Boston Red Sox. He hit .235 with a .709 OPS. Young can play all three outfield positions, so he seems likely to be the backup to Mike Trout, Justin Upton and Kole Calhoun. Before the deal, non-roster invitees Eric Young Jr. and Rymer Liriano were the leading candidates to win that job.Young can make an additional $500,000 in incentives based on plate appearances. Carter, 31, led the National League with 41 homers with the Milwaukee Brewers in 2016. Last year, though, he struggled to find a job as a free agent and eventually played 62 games with the New York Yankees, hitting .201 with eight homers.Carter has hit 158 homers in parts of eight major league seasons, including stops with the Oakland A’s and Houston Astros.If Carter makes the team, he will reportedly earn $1.75 million, with an additional $600,000 possible in incentives.Carter could find a spot with the Angels if there is an injury to one of the primary infielders: Albert Pujols, Ian Kinsler, Andrelton Simmons or Zack Cozart. Luis Valbuena plays first and third, and Cozart plays third, shortstop and second, so those two provide the primary backups at the four infield spots. If someone gets hurt, the roster shuffle would create a spot for Carter.The Angels traded Cron because they couldn’t afford to keep a player who played only first base as one of their likely three bench players. Cron, however, did not have options, so they couldn’t keep in the minors as insurance. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
How to watch Germany vs. United StatesTV channel (U.S.): NHL NetworkTV channel (Canada): TSN 1/3/4Live stream (Canada): TSN LiveIn the United States, Stephen Nelson will provide the play-by-play on NHL Network and will be joined by analyst Dave Starman and reporter Jill Savage.Germany vs. United States: When is puck drop?Date: Friday, Dec. 27Time: 1 p.m. ETWORLD JUNIORS: Team-by-team guide | 20 players to watch | Five storylinesFull World Junior Championship scheduleFRIDAY, DEC. 27Slovakia vs. Kazakhstan9 a.m.TSN, NHLNGermany vs. United States1 p.m.TSN 1/3/4, NHLNSATURDAY, DEC. 28Finland vs. Slovakia9 a.m.TSN 1/3, NHLNCzech Republic vs. Germany9 a.m.TSN 4/5Switzerland vs. Sweden1 p.m.TSN3Russia vs. Canada1 p.m.TSN 1/4/5, NHLNSUNDAY, DEC. 29Kazakhstan vs. Finland9 a.m.TSN 3/4/5, NHLNUnited States vs. Russia1 p.m.TSN 4/5, NHLNMONDAY, DEC. 30Kazakhstan vs. Sweden9 a.m.TSN3Germany vs. Canada9 a.m.TSN 1/4/5, NHLNSlovakia vs. Switzerland1 p.m.TSN 1/3United States vs. Czech Republic1 p.m.TSN 4/5, NHLNTUESDAY, DEC. 31Sweden vs. Slovakia9 a.m.TSN 1/3, NHLNRussia vs. Germany9 a.m.TSN 4/5Finland vs. Switzerland1 p.m.TSN3Canada vs. Czech Republic1 p.m.TSN 1/4/5, NHLNTHURSDAY, JAN. 2Quarterfinal6:30 a.m.TSN, NHLNQuarterfinal9 a.m.TSN, NHLNQuarterfinal11:30 a.m.TSN, NHLNQuarterfinal2 p.m.TSN, NHLNSATURDAY, JAN. 4Semifinal9 a.m.TSN, NHLNSemifinal1 p.m.TSN 1/4/5, NHLNSUNDAY, JAN. 5Bronze-medal game9 a.m.TSN, NHLNGold-medal game1 p.m.TSN, NHLN(All times Eastern) United States stars K’Andre Miller, Cole Caulfield, Shane Pinto and Spencer Knight could not hold on for a win against Canada in Thursday’s 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship. Despite the 6-4 loss in the opening game, the Americans played a high-intensity, skilled game against the Canadians that also showcased a top-notch power play.Fortunately for American head coach Scott Sandelin and his team, that was just the first of four Group B games; they will have another chance for a win on Friday against Germany. WJC: Team USA’s complete schedule, results | Live scores, tv schedule for FridayThe Germans haven’t featured in this tournament since 2015 when they were relegated to Division 1A, but the country played its way back this year after winning the 1A World Junior Championship last December. Germany’s team is headlined by Detroit Red Wings prospect Moritz Seider and the Carolina Hurricanes’ Dominik Bokk, as well as 2020 NHL draft prospect Tim Stutzle.It’s not going to be an easy task for the Germans to take down the Americans, though: even after a first-game loss to Canada, the United States is still expected to finish at the top at the tournament. However, if there is one thing the world juniors shows fans every year, it’s to always expect the unexpected.Here is how to watch the United States and Germany at Ostravar Arena in the Czech Republic on Friday:
NORTHWOOD — A St. Paul man arrested after a pursuit that started in Albert Lea and ended in Worth County has reached an agreement to plead guilty. 30-year-old Ryan Amabile was accused of speeding away from 1619 Main Street West in Albert Lea at about 4 o’clock on the afternoon of September 25th. Authorities say they clocked Amabile driving at speeds of over 100 miles per hour as he eventually made his way onto US Highway 69, driving into Iowa through Lake Mills, eastbound on Worth County Road 105 towards Interstate 35, where he allegedly displayed a handgun from the vehicle. He allegedly tried to carjack another vehicle about a mile from Wheelerwood Road. A Freeborn County deputy fired three rounds from his vehicle to stop the carjacking, with the suspect then being taken into custody. As part of a plea agreement with prosecutors, he pleaded guilty on Tuesday to one count of first-degree theft. He’s scheduled to be sentenced in Worth County District Court on December 9th.